Time really flies, a few days later, Year 2013 has been over a half.
This Tim Holtz's inspiration tags for June 13 is mainly focus on using the Distress Marker.
I really like this markers with water effects.
It helps to blend the colors and look much more soft.
Have you ever try using three different "distress family " ink to create the base color of a tag.
It's really funny to see the different effect with water together.
I use the previous book stamp to creat the base pattern as well.
Besides, I have made a simple test on different kind of markers on my hand.
This come result in different effects on the stamping paper.
I do not have talent on coloring. ( I should more practice on that! Practice make perfect)
The Distress marker is the easiest to handle against the other two.
But of course, there is limited color choices compared with Copic.
SpectrumNori is price comparatively and good to the new crafters.
1. Make use of the upcycled wood
2. Apply Gesso on it and put some scrap dies together which was left in the previous project.
3. Remember to apply more gesso to make the different colors being same color tone.
4. Prepare to spray the rainbow. I have chose the Dylusion ink spray:
Use the paper strip/wrap tape to creat the line pattern for rainbow.
Use the heat gun to dry it.
5. For the butterflies and flowers background.
I have used the tattered angel Glimmer mists to have a light colorful background
6. Stamp the rubber stamp for creat more pattern.
7. Stick the word which covered with Glossy Assents and Candy rock glitter.
8. Stick the Clouds by using the Memory box die -
Memory Box PUFFY CLOUDS Craft DIE 98172
8. Make the sunflowers by the new sizzix susan garden die -
8. Don't forget to use the tools to enhance the flower shape
apply the Ink pad for the flowers
Is it simple to make the lovely rainbow welcome plaque by using the upcycled materials?
It's a catch up blog that I have just completed the May 13 tag in the early of June.
For this tag's patten, I have follow Tim Holtz's demo by using the new remnant rub resist technique :-
1. Use the remnant rub sheet to create the patten on the Tag.
2. Apply your favour distress stains color on the patten
3. Drying the tag with heat tool and use the cloth to remove the color on the Remnant Rub
4. Apply the distress ink on the edge of tags by using bending tool
5. Stamping the image
Embellishments part of the tag:
1. cut a piece of film strip ribbon and stick with wonder tape
2. Attach the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Metal WORD BANDS ( I chose the Journey one to match with the earth stamp!!)
3. Attach the Tim Holtz Idea-ology 2013 ENAMELED TAGS which already custom the own designed pattern.
The greatest part in this month is the technique on custom the own designed pattern the on the Tim Holtz Idea-ology 2013 ENAMELED TAGS. It is really easy to felt and ink over the enameled tag by alcohol ink and apply the remnant rub sheet to make it custom to our design. Fasteners are also go to use for creating this kind of metallic style project.
Don't hestiate to read the original demo from Tim Holtz's.